Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mouse in my house!

The big news in our house this week has been the presence of mice.

I saw one scurry across my bedroom floor on Wednesday morning. After screaming and jumping on my bed, I called Seth to freak out. Obviously there wasn't anything he could do about it from work. We put out traps that night. A few in the kitchen and one in my bedroom.

The next morning I saw a mouse scurry into my closet as soon as I turned the lights on. I called Seth and he said to put an electric trap in the closet and towels in front of the doors so the mouse couldn't get out. If it spent all day in the closet with a trap, it was bound to die somehow. I put the electric trap in there with two sticky traps and plugged up the doors. Then I plugged up my bedroom door in case it magically found it's way out of the closet.

I was gone that night, but Seth sent me a message that the mouse had died...and presumably his girlfriend too. Two mice! One died in a sticky trap in my closet and the other one died in an electric trap behind my TV. Gross.

What's even more disgusting is that somehow the mice crawled in my bed and took a shit! There were little mouse poops all over my sheets. Needless to say, I boiled my sheets in hot water and sterilized my room the best I could.

We think the mice came in when I shampooed the carpets last Sunday. I used the Bissell Pro Heat that's been sitting in our garage for a year. Apparently that was their home. It's really the only way to explain how they got in the house.

No comments: